Welcome Students and Families!
I’m very excited to meet or continue teaching your child through Blue Sky Education, LLC! I believe in open communication and hope to partner with parents to best meet their child’s needs. I look forward to seeing your child in my virtual classroom soon!
Please see my qualifications, an outline of my current courses, classroom policies and rates below.
Available One-on-One Courses:
Blue Sky Education’s Curriculum (Beginner Students)
This English as a Second Language curriculum was designed by experienced teachers specifically for beginner students. It focuses on vocabulary and phases, and is presented in a traditional PPT lesson format.
Journeys from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (Intermediate and Advanced Students)
This is an established English Language Arts curriculum, used by many American schools. It provides an instructional system for reading literature and informational texts, for acquiring foundational skills and for developing mastery of speaking, listening and writing.
Book Study for Children
Together the teacher and student will select a book to read. A set amount of reading will be done independently each week. Depending on the student’s needs, we will use our class time to preview the upcoming chapters, discuss the most recently read part of the book, answer comprehension questions and revisit portions of the text that the student found difficult. A writing component can also be added to these classes.
Conversational Practice for Children or Adults
This class offers the most flexibility, as the topic is selected by the student and parents. Whether a child wants to discuss upcoming holiday plans, needs help with his or her English homework or simply wants to learn how to speak about something in the grammatically correct way, this class can help. This class can also serve as practice to help adults who may not feel confident in their own English abilities.
25 Minute Class Prices:
- 1 Class = $25
- 10 Class Package = $237.50
1. Adhere to all Blue Sky Education Policies.
2. Student Rescheduling: Please send a message through the Blue Sky website to Teacher Melissa if your child cannot come to class prior to 24 hours of our class time. We can reschedule for another day and time with no financial penalty. If you have a family emergency, please communicate this with Teacher Melissa.
3. Student No-Show: If your child does not come to his or her class as scheduled, you will forfeit that class.
4. Late Students: Teacher Melissa will stay in our classroom for the first 10 minutes of the class. If your student is not in the classroom at 10 minutes, Teacher Melissa will leave the classroom. The class will be forfeited.
5. Teacher Rescheduling: If Teacher Melissa is sick or has a family emergency, your class will be rescheduled. Teacher Melissa will make every effort to communicate with you ahead of our scheduled class.
6. IT issues: If we experience technical difficulties that keep us from having class, we will reschedule your course. If we experience ongoing technical issues over several classes, we will work together to solve the problem to ensure your student has the best classroom experience possible!
1. 务必遵守Blue Sky Education (蓝天教育) 的所有规章制度。
2. 关于学员改上课时间: 如果学员不能上课，请在课程开始之前至
少提前24小时通过Blue Sky网站发信息告知Melissa老师. 我们可
3. 关于学员旷课: 如果您的孩子没有在课上出现，该次课将作废。
4. 关于上课迟到: 如果学员迟到，Melissa老师仅会在课堂上等待10
5. 关于老师更改上课时间: 如果Melissa老师生病或家里有急事，该
6. 关于IT技术问题: 如果在课堂上遇到不能解决的技术故障问题导