Hello! I’m Teacher Melissa QO, and I teach English (ESOL) and writing classes with Blue Sky Education. I love teaching online! I get to work with students from all over the world, and the one-on-one, personal attention that I can give to my students creates the very best learning environment.
I have taught more than 3000 ESL classes and 600+ students online over the last two years.
Here’s a little about me: I live in the mountains of North Carolina on a small farm with my husband, children and many animals. In my spare time, I love to spend time with family, craft, play games, and spend time in my gardens. I cannot wait to meet you and share my love of the English language.
A. Bachelor of Arts in History with a Minor in English
Bob Jones University, Greenville South Carolina 1997-2001
B. 120 Hour TESOL Certificate Course
International Open Academy October 2021
All classes are 30 minutes in length.
- English (ESOL) 1-on-1 Class: $25
- English (ESOL) 10 Classes: $240
- English (ESOL) 20 Classes: $460
I believe it’s important to share my expectations up front to avoid confusion or miscommunication. However, I’m always available to speak with parents if they have questions.
- Arrive online five minutes prior to class start time
- No outside technology during class
- Ask questions!
Teacher Melissa’s Private Tutoring Classroom Policies
1. Please adhere to all Blue Sky Education Policies.
2. Communication: If your child cannot attend class within 12 hours of their schedule class, please send a message to Teacher Melissa, through the Blue Sky Education website. We can reschedule your class for a different day and time, with no financial penalty.
3. Student No-Show: IF you student does not arrive in class within the first 10 minutes, you will forfeit that class. Exceptions can be made for infrequent emergencies. Please communicate with Teacher Melissa, as soon as possible, to reschedule.
4. Late Student: Teacher Melissa will wait in our classroom for the first 10 minutes of class. After 10 minutes, Teacher Melissa will leave the classroom. The class will NOT be refunded or rescheduled.
5. Teacher Rescheduling: If Teacher Melissa is sick or has a family emergency, your class will be rescheduled. Teacher Melissa will make every effort to communicate with you ahead of the scheduled class.
6. Internet and Computer Problems: If the student or teacher experience technical difficulties that prevent us from having class, we will reschedule your class. IF we experience ongoing technical issuers over several classes, we will work together to solve the problem. Our goal is for your student to experience learning in a fun, high quality, and distraction-free environment.
沟通。 如果您的孩子在预定课程的12小时内无法上课，请通过蓝天教育网站给艾米老师发信息。 我们可以将您的课程重新安排到不同的日期和时间，而且不会有经济损失。
学生没有来上课。 如果您的学生没有在前10分钟内到达教室，您将放弃这堂课。 对于不常见的紧急情况，可以有例外。 请尽快与艾米老师沟通，重新安排时间。
上课迟到的学生。 上课的前10分钟，Melissa老师会在教室里等待。 10分钟后，Melissa老师将离开教室。 该课程将不会被退还或重新安排。
教师改期。 如果Melissa老师生病或有家庭紧急情况，您的课程将被重新安排。 Melissa老师会尽一切努力在预定课程之前与您沟通。
互联网和电脑问题。 如果学生或老师遇到技术困难，导致我们无法上课，我们将重新安排您的课程。 如果我们在几节课中遇到持续的技术问题，我们将共同解决这个问题。我们的目标是让您的学生在一个有趣的、高质量的、无干扰的环境中体验学习。