Hello! I am Teacher Louisa P.
Hello! I am so glad you stopped by.
I am Louisa. My husband and I have 13 children (8 boys and 5 girls)! It sure does make life exciting. I live on a small farm in Northern New England in the USA.
I enjoy teaching and love when my students get excited about learning. I work to meet each students needs and connect with them on a personal level. I desire to have open conversations to help the students set personal goals that help them to succeed in learning! Connect with me for a free trial class!
Thanks for stopping in. I look forward to seeing you in class!
Specialty Class Descriptions
Teacher Louisa will teach what parents know as ESL Levels 3 to 8 using the Houghton Mifflin Harcourt’s Journeys Curriculum. This is a full language arts curriculum used to teach American students. We will work through the material at whatever pace the student needs to achieve and demonstrate mastery. These classes are on e on one, 25 minute classes.
There are many resources available to add before and after class assignments if the parent requests.
Blue Sky also has their own curriculum for the lower levels called A, B, and C.
Learning English can be intense work. Speaking classes are where it all comes together to give the student the ability to practice having natural conversations using all of the accumulated skills with a native speaker. Here the student can choose to freely practice conversation of their choosing OR choose a topic of interest. These lessons will add new vocabulary around a topic and pair it with related sentences. This is one of the most exciting areas to see students grown and become comfortable with practicing their skills.
Do you need help with reading, phonics, grammar or writing? This is a one on one, 25 minute class. We will meet to assess your needs and formulate a plan to help you meet your individual goals.
Add me to your WeChat
English and Tutoring Class Packages:
- 1 Class – $20
- 10 Classes – $190
- 20 Classes – $360
- 30 Classes – $510
- 50 Classes – $800
- Adhere to all Blue Sky Education Policies.
- Communication: Please send a message through the Blue Sky website to Teacher Louisa if your child cannot come to class within 2 hours of our class time. We will reschedule for another day and time with no financial penalty.
- Student No-Show: If your child does not come to his or her class as scheduled and there is no communication, you will forfeit that class. Exceptions can be made for emergencies. Please communicate with Teacher Louisa as soon as you are able and we will work together to reschedule.
- Late Students: Teacher Louisa will stay in the classroom for the first 10 minutes of class. If your student is not in the classroom at 10 minutes, Teacher Louisa will leave the classroom. The class will not be refunded or rescheduled.
- Teacher Rescheduling: If Teacher Louisa is sick or has a family emergency, your class will be rescheduled. Teacher Louisa will make every effort to communicate with you ahead of our scheduled class.
- IT issues: If we experience technical difficulties that keep us from having class, we will reschedule your course. If we experience ongoing technical issues over several classes, we will work together to solve the problem to ensure your student has the best classroom experience possible!
- 务必遵守Blue Sky Education (蓝天教育) 的所有规章制度。
- 关于沟通: 如果学员需要请假，请在课程开始之前至少提前2个小时通过Blue Sky网站发信息告知Louisa老师. 我们可以重新约上课的日期和时间，您不会损失课时费。
- 关于学员旷课: 如果您的孩子没有在课上出现，您将损失该次课的费用，除非是有不可避免地紧急情况。如果有急特殊的紧急情况，请您务必尽可能第一时间和Louisa老师进行沟通，这样我们可以一起尽早安排重新上课的时间。
- 关于上课迟到: 如果学员迟到，Louisa老师仅会在课堂上等待10分钟。如果学员在这10分钟内仍没有出现在课堂上，Louisa老师将离开教室。该次课费用将不会被退，也无法重新约上课时间。
- 关于老师更改上课时间: 如果Louisa老师生病或家有急事，该次课将可以重新约上课时间。Louisa老师会尽最大努力在上课前尽早提前通知家长进行安排。
- 关于IT技术问题: 如果在课堂上遇到不能解决的技术故障问题导致课程无法进行，我们可以重新约上课时间。如果我们在几次课上连续出现技术故障以致于课程不能正常进行，我们可以一起努力解决问题，从而确保学员能最大可能地获得最佳的上课体验!
Guidelines to have the most productive class:
- Make sure your internet and equipment are working well before class
- Be on time
- Have a quite workspace with good lighting
- Keep your camera on and your face in view
- Raise your hand for questions or comments
- Eat and use the restroom before class
- Be kind and respectful
- Participate and do your best