I'm Teacher Laura!
My family and I live in America near Charlotte, North Carolina. I have 4 children (3 boys and 1 girl), 1 dog, 3 cats, and 1 hamster.
I teach English and writing classes with Blue Sky Education, and I love the flexibility that online teaching offers. I have both Bachelors and Masters degrees in English. During my career, I have taught English mostly at the college level and tutored high school and elementary students in reading and writing. For the past 3 years, I have been teaching English as a Second Language online and have enjoyed making many new friends around the world.
I look forward to working with you and your child!
- Adhere to all Blue Sky Education Policies.
- Classes are 25 minutes.
- Communication: Please send a message to Teacher Laura if your child cannot attend class within 2 hours of our scheduled class time. We can reschedule for another day and time with no financial penalty.
- Student No-Show: If your child does not come to his or her class as scheduled, you will forfeit that class. Exceptions can be made for emergencies. Please communicate with Teacher Laura as soon as you are able, and we will work together to reschedule.
- Teacher Rescheduling: If Teacher Laura is sick or has a family emergency, your class will be rescheduled. Teacher Laura will make every effort to communicate with you ahead of our scheduled class.
- IT issues: If we experience any technical difficulties during class, we will reschedule your course. If we experience ongoing technical issues, we will work together to solve the problem to ensure your student has the best classroom experience possible.
Journeys from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Writing Instruction / Tutoring
- 1-on-1 English Class (25 minutes): $22
- 1-on-1 Writing Class (25 minutes): $22
20 classes = $420
30 classes = $600