I’m Teacher Brenda.
Teacher Brenda is a creative, enthusiastic, and engaging certified teacher from Los Angeles, California; who works as an international educator teaching kids and adults worldwide. Her teaching/tutoring experience spans more than 20 years with a focus on Leveled Reading, Phonics, Reading Comprehension, TOEFL, Grammar, Public Speaking, Free Talk, Math, and Spanish. She concentrates on creating a warm and inviting classroom where students can enjoy their learning experience.
In addition to her teaching experience, she’s volunteered her time for various low-income communities and organizations in teaching several core academic subjects. She has also followed several students throughout their English learning journey, from beginning (non-speaking) to fully independent conversational fluency skills.
Her desire in life is to be able to inspire, motivate learners to excel to their full potential in life.
- Education:American InterContinental University: Bachelor of Arts–Management & Marketing
- Licenses/Certifications: International Open Academy, 120 Hour TESOL, and 120 Hour TEFL, Certified Spanish Translator
- Years of Teaching Experience: Twenty
- Numbers of Classes Taught: Over 6,000
All classes are 25 minutes in length. For longer learning time, I recommend scheduling two classes back to back.
- Blue Sky Education’s Curriculum: 10 classes = $220 ($22/per class)
- Journeys from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt: 10 classes = $220 ($22/ per class)
- 1-on-1 English/Homework Tutoring (ESL, children): $25
- 1-on-1 Spanish Class: $22
- 1-on-1 Spanish Tutoring: $22
Schedule Classes Here!
Classroom Procedures – English
1. Adhere to all Blue Sky Education Policies.
2. Communication: Use the Blue Sky website to communicate with Teacher Brenda. Please notify Teacher Brenda when your child cannot attend class and you need to reschedule at least 12hrs in advance. There is no financial penalty for rescheduling.
3. Tardy or Absent Students: Teacher Brenda will stay in the classroom for 10 minutes after the scheduled start time. If your child does not attend class as scheduled, the class is forfeited. Exceptions made for emergency situations. Please contact Teacher Brenda directly.
4. Teacher Rescheduling: In the event that Teacher Kristin is sick or has a family emergency, your class will be rescheduled. Teacher Kristin will make every effort to communicate 12hrs in advance should this occur.
5. IT Issues: Occasional technical difficulties are expected and may cause a class to be rescheduled. In the event of ongoing technical difficulties, we will work together to solve the problem, ensuring your child has the best classroom experience possible.
Classroom Procedures – Chinese
2. 沟通。 使用蓝天网站与克里斯汀老师沟通。 当你的孩子不能上课时，请至少提前12小时通知克里斯汀老师，你需要重新安排。 重新安排时间不会有任何经济损失。
3. 迟到或缺席的学生。 Brenda老师会在预定的上课时间后在教室里呆10分钟。 如果你的孩子没有按计划上课，那么这节课将被取消。 紧急情况下的例外情况。 请联系Brenda老师。
4. 教师重新安排。 如果Brenda老师生病或有家庭紧急情况，你的课程将被重新安排。 如果发生这种情况，Brenda老师会尽一切努力提前12小时通知。
5. 信息技术问题。 偶尔的技术困难是可以预见的，并可能导致课程重新安排。 如果出现持续的技术困难，我们将共同解决这个问题，确保你的孩子有最好的课堂体验。
“Teacher Brenda is a very passionate educator who enjoys teaching her students and teaches with joy. My daughter loves taking classes with her.”
Samantha G. (Parent)
“Ms. Brenda was very lovely and engaging with my first time participant. She made her feel special even in the virtual environment which is hard to do. Highly recommend.”
Aay B. (Parent)
“My son had a great time with Ms. Rangel. I am glad that we found this class for our nine year old little boy.”
Bella G. (Parent)